- 6 cups chicken broth (1.5 liters)
- ½ cup cooked chicken (shredded) (100g)
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels (300g)
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- Place chicken broth in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Add shredded chicken meat and cooked corn kernels. Allow it to come back to a boil. Lower heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooking wine, salt, and pepper to taste. Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoon water. Pour into soup, stirring to thicken.
- Lower heat and slowly pour beaten egg through fork tines. Gently stir and immediately turn off heat. Drizzle sesame oil into soup.
- Serve in small bowls garnish with sliced green onions.